Monday, August 13, 2007

Car update

In case you were wondering about my ongoing battle with the evil powers at Dependable Auto Shippers, also known as DAS, or DAS Auto Shippers, here's the rundown:

The bad news

1) Number of days my car has been sitting in the lot of the Honda Dealership, smashed and unfixed: 25.

2) Though DAS did finally approve the estimate submitted by their "independent" adjuster, I just got a call from my mechanic telling me that the approved estimate doesn't include such essentials as, say, the bracket that attaches the bumper to the car. It is, as he said, "garbage." Therefore, he has to go back to DAS, get them to send out the "independent" adjuster AGAIN, wait for them to approve the new estimate, and then get them to send it to him so he can start the work. I'm currently accepting bets about how long this will take. Winner gets the jar of bile that I'll need to have drained by the time this is over.

The good news

1) In their great generosity, Dependable Auto Shippers decided to waive the $250 deductible.

2) We figured out that we can get our own insurance to reimburse us for rental car expenses, so now we have a car.

3) McPolack linked to my earlier post. My goal is to have these entries pop up with every Google search associated with the company.

No comments: