Monday, July 30, 2007

Burgermeister

I'm eating at as many restaurants as possible these days, trying to catch up on all the news I've missed in the past couple of years. So I fear that a lot of my recent discoveries won't seem so recent to some. But still, I want to give a plug to Uburger in Kenmore Square. Because...wow, this is hard. How can I say this? I liked it better than In-n-Out.

Look, taste is subjective. I know many, many people love In-n-Out. It's their first stop from SFO or LAX. They pray for an East Coast franchise. Eric Schlosser approves. I just never fell in love it the place. The fries always seemed too dry. The burgers are fresh and tasty, but a bit weak on the bun-to-meat ratio.

But the fries at Uburger are fantastic. As are the onion rings. The buns are compact, and meat is ground fresh on the premesis. The toppings are tasty, and it's easy to customize your favorite burger. Even the chicken sandwiches are good.

And thus I complete my fall from grace in the eyes of Californians everywhere.

*I'm now blogging at newenglandeating.com.

2 comments:

McPolack said...

California, Schmalifornia. It's all about New England, lady, and we're glad you're back!

30seconds.blogs.com said...

This was a really funny post to read as a person born & colleged in Massachusetts, who lived in Northern California for 10 years later on...our kids LOVED In & Out. Never heard of UBurger...will have to try it sometime on a visit to Boston.